Out of Focus?
Corrosion, Lens replacement, sealing, nitrogen purge.
Free Estimate, Quick turn-around, Professional service.
For over 70 years, Baker Marine in San Diego has been repairing binoculars for the general public and government agencies. We repair and service most makes and models of binoculars. While we are Fujinon Binoculars repair facility, and specialize in Fujinon products, we also repair binoculars made by other manufacturers. Whether you have a new gyro-stabilized binocular or an old US Navy WWII binocular, we have the parts and expertise to repair the binocular in a timely and professional manner.
Let our family help you. Since our inception in 1936, we have been a family owned and operated company. With 2nd and 3rd generations running operations now, we are dedicated to providing the same quality service, with the efficiency of modern day technology.
Our repair service works as follows:
- All binoculars should be sent to us prior to giving an estimate. This is necessary to evaluate the necessary repairs and to give you an accurate cost estimate.
- Please fill out the repair form and send it in with your unit.
- After we completely inspect your equipment, we will either call or email you with an estimate prior to performing any work. Once you receive the estimate, you will only be obligated for the return postage, should you decide to decline the repair.
- All payment information must be acquired at the time of approval, though you will not be charged until the work is complete. It is our policy to obtain a guarantee of payment before we begin repair.
- Note: when shipping delicate optical equipment, please pack it securely. This prevents additional damage during shipping.
Please fill out this repair form and send it with product for repair.
Repair Form Download Click on image to Download Adobe Acrobat
Our predecessors, mentors, founders, and father/grandfather, Robert Osterberg (background) and Everett Dexter (foreground) sit down in 1965 to show their repair techniques to a local newspaper. Sharing the same motivation, skill and attention to detail we pledge to make our customers happy the first time.
A pair of Fujinon Meibo binoculars during a major overhaul, including sandblast, texture paint, new lenses and sealing. We have glass parts for most binoculars and rubber for most Fujinon binoculars. If your binoculars have any broken plastic parts and are not Fujinon, chances are they’re not fixable by us and have to be sent back to the manufacture. But it’s always best to call. Our friendly staff can send you in the right direction.
At Baker Marine we repair over a hundred large binoculars like these a year for the worlds Tuna Fleet along with the US Military. Taking on these large binoculars is a daunting task. Usually these binoculars are left out in rough ocean conditions for years before seeing our shop. All Large binoculars brought into Baker Marine are completely dismantled, sandblasted, powder coated and re assembled using new exterior glass when necessary and sealed so that they may hold up on the ocean for many more years.